And So This Is Christmas
At the risk of sounding like Rudolph the Brown-nosed Reindeer, or leading you to think I’ve been over-imbibing the studio sherry, I feel the time is right to wish you – readers of this blog, attendees of my courses, CLUB and f2 members, exhibitors, studio users, and photographic friends various – a very very…
Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2012.
It’s been quite a year for us at fotofilia:
- Over 1000 course/workshop spaces filled. This makes us one of, if not the, biggest photography trainers in the region.
- Lisa moved out of the office, Rachel moved in, Rachel moved out, Eliza Beth and EB Media Ltd moved in. Phew!
- The registration of Fotofilia Photography Limited.
- Sally Crane and David Tunney helping out with courses at Botanical Gardens.
- New business relationships with PhotoLinaker, Artaboutface, and many many more.
- The birth of f2, sister club to THE CLUB – also fully subscribed.
- The growth of the “Friends of Fotofilia” Flickr group to 129 members (at time of writing).
- The significant growth of this humble blog’s readership, month on month, since the beginning of 2011.
- We have welcomed some of the country’s leading photographic specialist practitioners as guest trainers and CLUB/f2 speakers.
- Studio hire bookings up over 200% on the second half of 2010.
- A wide range of quality photographic exhibitions from all areas of photography and all corners of the globe including my own “Pride of The Black Country” exhibition (at fotofilia in January).
- The rise in 1-1 training over the year, especially in weddings and Photoshop.
- Online payment facility (happily working nicely).
- The excellent Photosynthesis (CLUB members and ex-students) exhibition at the Waterhall during Artsfest. A major achievement.
We love what we do here but we obviously couldn’t have done it without you all – s0 thank you.
And finally on that note, I’d like to thank Lisa Lester, Simon Smith, Christophe Dillinger, Nick Shale, Iza Faber, everyone at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens Study Centre, and our cast of magnificent “regular”models: Emma, Emilie, Jenny, Joel, Kat, Katie-May, Kevon, Michelle, Olivia, Omie and Vera, to name but the most regular – for all their help, co-operation, understanding, friendship, foresight and inspiration (delete as applicable) over the last 12 months.
Here’s to an amazing 2012…